VICTORIA HUNTER & LARRY RASPANTI
Hair colorists and stylists Victoria Hunter and Larry Raspanti, owners of acclaimed NYC-based salon and emerging beauty brand Whittemore House, proudly introduce their creation of the Whittemore House Hair PaintTM (Lightening Powder). WH’s unique Italian-bred product uses secret ingredient intelligent crystals, which deliver superior hair color lift without the damaging effects of traditional bleach. As pioneers of the most popular coloring techniques used today, Hunter and Raspanti developed this new bleach to take their technique further, continuously establishing a new standard for color.
- He has always questioned traditional assumptions about hair and the application of color, which led him to the art of hair painting.
- Over the years, Larry has developed this modern way of coloring hair, bringing it from its infancy to the elevated craft it is today.
- He is an authority on men’s fashion and grooming, and is often seen collaborating backstage at fashion, music and entertainment events. As a result, Larry has traveled the world extensively.
- He approaches hair with the perspective of an architect, deconstructing its three dimensionality, which he expresses both in cut and color.
- His inherent design capabilities have influenced his highly intuitive cutting techniques.
- A natural entrepreneur, Larry opened Whittemore House with Victoria Hunter in 2009.
- She approaches hair color with the discerning eye of a fine artist.
- As a pioneer of the hair painting genre, Hunter studies every head of hair like a 3 Dimensional canvas – intuitively decided where to place the perfect pop of auburn or unexpected streak of dusty lavender. While in Hunter’s chair, no creative vision is off limits.
- Over the course of her career, she has made a name for herself as the gold standard of hair color for countless models, cool girls, editors, stylists and celebrities and has become the go-to colorist for famed stylist Guido Palau.
- Over the course of her career, Hunter has collaborated with some of the most iconic photographers of our time, including Steven Klein, Steven Meisel, Ellen von Unwerth, Mert and Marcus, Inez and Vinoodh, David LaChapelle, and David Sims.
- Her work has been featured in countless editorials, including American Vogue, Italian Vogue, Numero, ELLE, W, i-D and Interview magazines, to name a few.
- Hunter maintains an ardent passion for her signature hair painting method and continues to lead master classes on the technique around the world, including her main hub of Whittemore House Salon in New York.
- She believes there is no one “rule” to creating the perfect color, and instead works with stylists to develop an eye for color and tone, texture and style. As a result, the signature of Whittemore House—and of Hunter—is a bespoke look that is at once as effortless and seamless as it is unique.
„WE ARE VERY PASSIONATE ABOUT OUR PRODUCT AND YOU WILL FEEL THE DIFFERENCE WITH WHITTEMORE HOUSE HAIR PAINTTM.“
The development of this unique coloring process began at their former positions at Bumble & Bumble, where Hunter served as a Color Director. From there, both Hunter and Raspanti opened Whittemore House in the West Village in 2009 with an emphasis on building lasting client relationships through innovative hair cutting and coloring. They have solidified their talents and the WH brand as the premiere go-to for hair painting and training, providing not only a destination, but a worldwide education academy for technicians.
The WH brand has gone above and beyond traditional haircare services. From worldwide tours with U2, Muse and Maroon5, to the forefront of fashion with clients such as Guido Palau, Marc Jacobs and many others, Hunter and Raspanti provide unmatched dedication and expertise to multiple creative and affluent lifestyles.
Most recently, their work and revolutionary new product can be seen on the S/S17 runway for Alexander Wang, where Hunter and Raspanti bleached 18 models in the record time of two days – an impossible feat considering some models had up to 5 hair processes, but made possible with the development of the Whittemore House Hair Paint. To Victoria’s and Larry’s loyal clientele can be regarded famous stars like Beyoncé, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid, Karlie Kloss, Natalie Westling and Kiki Willems.